The Blessing of Ordinary
Though our worship is in a different environment than our normal Sunday routine, we invite you to gather with your loved ones and offer your heart and mind toward praising and seeking God through online worship. May we grow in ‘becoming and helping others become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ‘ through our worship.
WORSHIP ONLINE | AVAILABLE EACH SUNDAY
- JULY 12 “Ordinary People” | Genesis 25 | Dr. Jim Baldwin
- JULY 19 “Ordinary Places: A Night at the Hard Rock” | Genesis 28:10-22 | Dr. Jim Everette
- JULY 26 “Ordinary Problems: Life Through Leah’s Eyes” | Genesis 29:15-20 | Rev. Jayne Davis
- AUGUST 2 “Out of the Ordinary” | Genesis 32:22-31 | Dr. Jim Everette
- AUGUST 9 “Un-Ordinary Dreams: Conflict in the Family” | Genesis 37:1-4, 12-28 | Patrick Griffin
In the eyes of Jacob, Joseph was not an ordinary son. He was Jacob’s favorite, and this did not sit well with his brothers. The flaws in these familial relationships led to a terrible decision, one which caused great suffering. But where was God during this?
- All families are flawed – the Bible is full of examples. How have you seen God work through these flaws in your family?
- Even though these flaws exist, we can better love our families. How can you practically do this in your life?
- Our actions have consequences and others may suffer as a result of them. How can you respond to those you have impacted?
DAILY LECTIO DIVINA READING GUIDES – We will be reading using the ancient practice of Lectio Divina, or Holy Reading. This practice involves reading the same scripture passage three times. Each time you will be given a different prompt as you listen. After each reading, there will be a time of silence. Give yourself to that silence. Allow the silence to make room for what God wants to do… in you. If you need more time in silence, you are welcome to press pause.
Week 1 | July 13-17:
- Monday, July 13 – Philippians 1:1-11 | Click HERE
- Tuesday, July 14 – Philippians 1:12-18a | Click HERE
- Wednesday, July 15 – Philippians 1:18b-26 | Click HERE
- Thursday, July 16 – Philippians 1:27-30 | Click HERE
- Friday, July 17 – Philippians 2:1-4 | Click HERE
Week 2 | July 20-24:
- Monday, July 20 – Philippians 2:5-11 | Click HERE
- Tuesday, July 21 – Philippians 2:12-18 | Click HERE
- Wednesday, July 22 – Philippians 2:19-24 | Click HERE
- Thursday, July 23 – Philippians 2:25-30 | Click HERE
- Friday, July 24 – Philippians 3:1-14 | Click HERE
Week 3 | July 27-31:
- Monday, July 27 – Philippians 3:15-21 | Click HERE
- Tuesday, July 28 – Philippians 4:1-7 | Click HERE
- Wednesday, July 29 – Philippians 4:8-9 | Click HERE
- Thursday, July 30 – Philippians 4:10-13 | Click HERE
- Friday, July 31 – Philippians 4:14-23 | Click HERE
Week 4 | August 3-7:
- Monday, August 3 – James 1:1-11 | Click HERE
- Tuesday, August 4 – James 1:12-18 | Click HERE
- Wednesday, August 5 – James 1:19-27 | Click HERE
- Thursday, August 6 – James 2:1-13 | Click HERE
- Friday, August 7 – James 2:14-18 | Click HERE
Week 5 | August 10-14: