KIDS Connections This Week
Ms. Becca has many fun and meaningful activities planned for kids this week. Click any of the links . . .
THIS WEEK – August 10-16
Summer Series of Children’s Sermons: Part 5 – Story of Jacob | August 9
Sundays through August 16
While we’re apart, these summer series lessons will let your family study the Bible together and spend a few minutes each week applying God’s word to your lives.
What’s your favorite thing to wear in the summer? Tshirts and shorts? A swimsuit? Beach hat? Flip flops? Today’s story starts off with a much-loved item of clothing – a beautiful coat for Joseph. But that coat leads to trouble and many years of less than favored attire, yet in the end, Joseph is again given special clothes. Tune in as we watch the story continue to cycle through the good and bad!
CHURCH-WIDE TAILGATE WORSHIP GATHERING – Sunday, August 16 at 7:30 PM at the Activities Center – Click HERE for details!
We will pray for all of our students and teachers as we transition to the new school year, our 1st Graders will receive their Bibles and our 6th graders will promote to the Student Ministry. We will also worship together outside in a socially distanced, tailgate style. Bring your folding chairs, wear your masks and join with your church family for this special time together next Sunday night.
ZOOM RESUMES SOON! – We’re cheering you on as parents/teachers/child care providers/learning coaches/workers/household managers and all the other roles you play! Recognizing the adjustments are big in the next couple of weeks, weekly age-divided Children’s Ministry Zooms will start after Labor Day. These zooms will be designed to be active, engaging, and connecting as we learn Bible stories, scripture memory and mission stories. I hope every child in our ministry will join us!
PRAYERS FOR… (prayers written by author Traci Smith)
As schools are back, starting back or nearly back in some form or another, transitions to a new routine may bring strong emotions. Use these prayers to guide your child back to calm, peace and hopefulness for the days ahead.
- A Prayer for When I’m Out of My Routine… Some days are topsy turvy. Some days are not what I was expecting. On those days I stop I breathe in, I breathe out. I take a break and feel the Holy Spirit guide me. Amen.
- A Prayer for When I’m Tired and Overwhelmed… When I’m tired I need rest for my body, and for my mind and spirit, too. God, please show me how to rest. Help me to find peace for my spirit, peace for my mind, peace for my body. Thank you for my breath. Thank you for my family. Thank you for your Spirit. Amen.
- A Blessing for the School Space Inside the Home… God we dedicate this space as a space for learning. May our minds be quieted in this space. May we be open to learning in this space. May we be curious in this space. Be with us each and every moment we come to our special learning place. Amen.
THINGS YOU CAN DO ANY TIME:
- Facebook – FBC Wilmington Children’s Ministry
- Ways to Nourish your Child’s Mental Health
- Raising kids who will initiate racial equality
- How to teach your preschooler to socially distance
- FREE Workbook to help with the stress, anxiety, and changes within our current status
- Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk about Race – Resource Round Up
- Anti-racism Resources for Parents
- Parenting Connection for Father’s Day – Living from a dad’s affirmation
- Parent Cue LIVE Podcast – Making the Most of your Family Rhythm
- Activity Pages – – “Bible Studies for Life” App by Lifeway
- Bible Stories and Songs
- Family Discovery Activity