Christmas at the Cove Offering
As First Baptist Church, we take imitating the acts of Jesus by sharing His love seriously. We call that “missions.” Each year, Christmas at the Cove is a mission of our church to provide gifts for over 200 children by allowing their parents to pick out specific gifts through our toy store. Parents in need are gathered through our ongoing mission partnerships with the Harrelson Center, Communities in School, Alderman Elementary, and our very own Karen Refugees.
Due to limitations because of Covid-19, we will not be able to offer our toy store and Christmas party at the Activities Center for the parents and children. We will however, support our families through a new plan created by your Missions & Ministry Committee inviting you to give toward the purchase of gift cards so that parents may buy gifts for their children this year. Your generosity to Christmas at the Cove is appreciated and for many of our families who struggle to make daily ends meet this is the highlight of their celebration.
Offering collected November thru December 1st
- GOAL: $10,000
- PURPOSE: To purchase 200 Wal-Mart gift cards for $50 each to give to parents who will personally shop and purchase Christmas gifts for each of their children.
- DEADLINE: The offering will be collected thru December 1 deadline.
- HOW TO GIVE:
- Give on-line – Click HERE and select the Christmas at the Cove designation for your gift OR …
- Mail a check to First Baptist Church with the memo: Christmas at the Cove to 411 Market Street, Wilmington, NC, 28401.
- WHO WILL BE SUPPORTED: We will give Wal-Mart gift cards to the parents of our ministry partners.
- 125 cards for parents who have children participating with our Harrelson Center ministry partners.
- 25 cards given to Alderman Elementary school social workers to distribute to the neediest families.
- 50 cards for Karen families who actively worship at FBC.
- GIFT CARD PACKAGE: Our goal for the Gift Card package is that the families will know that First Baptist members love them and want to support them to be the best parent for their children. The package includes:
- A First Baptist Christmas Card specially designed telling the Christmas story which can be read to the children.
- Christmas green and red Pocket Prayer Crosses knitted by our FBC Prayer Shawl Ministry.
- Wal-Mart Gift Card.
- CAN PURCHASED PRESENTS BE GIVEN: The general answer is no. If someone has a strong desire to personally shop for gifts, these gifts will be distributed to families of the Christian Women’s Job Corp ministry group and our Karen Refugee families.
QUESTIONS: Contact Don Vigus (910-619-4800 or EMAIL) or a member of the Missions & Ministry Committee.