Organist Position Open
Organist | 10 hours a week | First Baptist Church, Wilmington, North Carolina.
FBC is seeking an organist to assist the Minister of Traditional Worship. Responsibilities include playing for:
- 11:00AM worship service each Sunday
- One Thursday evening choir rehearsal each week (7:00-9:00 PM)
- Four Saturday rehearsals in the Fall (special Christmas rehearsals)
- Special services around Advent, Christmas, and Holy Week
(i.e. Thanksgiving Community Service, Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, etc.)
- Annual production of Christmas at First Baptist, a multi-concert production in December. This is one of the main responsibilities of the position. The organist will accompany the choir in the fully orchestrated production.
The organ is a three manual, 55 rank Schantz, and is one of the largest organs in Wilmington. The 11:00AM worship service is traditional in worship style, and the FBC music ministry has a long history of offering a wide variety of quality, experiential sacred repertoire. The ideal candidate will select service music (Prelude, Offertory, and Postlude) that complements this worship service’s tradition, as well as perform simple transpositions and harmonizations on a regular basis for the hymns each Sunday.
Salary is negotiable, based on experience. A full job description is available upon request. Interested organists may contact Steven Thomason, Minister of Traditional Worship, firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or through the church office at 910.763.2471.