March 1, 2020
SILENCE: Pause for a moment to be still before God. Rest in God’s presence.
“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.” – Psalm 37:7
OPENING PRAYER: Praise God for who He is, giving thanks for His goodness and mercy.
“Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever.” – Psalm 136:1
BIBLE READING & REFLECTION:
Choose one of the Bible reading options below or use one of your own:
- GOSPELS Reading Plan – Read a chapter of the Gospels each day.
- This week: Luke 1-5
- IMMERSE Bible Reading Plan – Read through the Bible in a year.
- CHOOSE a Bible Reading Plan of your own.
PRAY FOR YOURSELF & OTHERS:
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” – Colossians 4:2
40 DAYS OF PRAYER:
That God would transform us and ready us for the next season of ministry for First Baptist Church.
- March 1 · SCARCITY – God, help us to remember that you are enough.
- March 2 · ABUNDANCE – God, your capacity for goodness is beyond our ability to comprehend.
- March 3 · FOLLOW – God, help us to take the next step as you call, “Come, follow me.”
- March 4 · DO – God, enlarge our desire to do great things for you and your kingdom.
- March 5 · RECIPROCITY – God, increase our capacity to love and care and forgive, in the measure we want to be loved and cared for and forgiven.
- March 6 · GRATITUDE – God, open our eyes to the many gifts you have already given us.
- March 7 · APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY – God, help us to see the blessings of our church and community with your eyes.
“Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.”